Do what the heart says, pursue your dreams! We live in such a busy world. It’s almost foreign for us to think about pursuing our dreams and aspirations. How would we possibly fit it in when we have such a busy life? Work, kids, home, obligations, commitments, and on top of these we try to find to spend a few minutes a day to take care of ourselves. So how can we possibly think of switching gears and pursue our own personal dreams? A lot of us simply don’t have the energy to go after our dreams, but even if we do, even if we make an attempt to make a move in that direction, “life” gets in the way.
My formula for success started with a very important approach to “starting” any shift in the routine of my life, no matter what aspect of my life I want to modify. My starting point began with “de clutter”. De clutter from every aspect of my life, clean up and let go of people, commitments and material things that I simply don’t need. When we de clutter, we’ll create “room” for more valuable activities and projects, and if we pay attention and choose carefully, we’ll be one step closer to fulfilling our dreams. No matter what they are – how small or how big they may seem. I started to de cutter a few years ago, and for me it’s an ongoing effort. I started my de cluttering project on the physical end. I knew I had physical mess but also emotional clutter. I went through all material things that I own, and that I put some kind of value on. I realized how attached I was to material items that, at the end of the day, just held me back from pursuing new endeavors. Clutter and disorder makes me tired, they bog me down and restrict me (consciously and sometime subconsciously) from focusing on anything new.
My first step was to donate or discard unnecessary items, things, clothes, knickknacks, anything that’s holding me back. I essentially made room to breathe, to see beyond, to feel peace and at some extent to reinvent myself into the person that I want to become and enhance. The next step I took was to de clutter emotionally. What this means to me is to address negativity or issues that lurk around in my mind and finally address them. There are many chances to dissect these emotions, sometimes we can get there on our own, sometimes we may consult with a friend to discover these feelings, sometimes we may seek professional help. How we do it is almost irrelevant, doing it, is what’s important. I had some hidden emotions and some that I was very aware about. It takes some discipline and desire to shift your emotions. It takes time and a quite a bit of effort, but the outcome can be overwhelmingly blissful. I took the time to truly analyze my emotional hindrance that was keeping me from becoming who I want to be and enhance who I am today. I’m such a creature of habit, that maintaining this way of life is a difficult endeavor.
Tips to take action on what you truly want in life. Allow yourself to fall in love with your goals and aspirations. First, make a decision that you are ready to embrace your goals and move forward. Follow the next steps,
- Make a commitment to engage in at least one activity per day that will take you closer to your goal. Read an article, sign up for a class, write down an idea. We can really make the time for what we want to focus on. Do it while you wait in line, or wait in your car or while you have a few minutes to think between tasks, listen to educational, inspiring CDs in the car. The options are endless.
- Write down your goals and make yourself accountable for them
- Give up something that takes away from reaching your goals, even if you gain a few minutes, 30 minutes or even better an hour a day, this could be so valuable! For me, it took giving up TV. I love watching movies and a few shows here and there. However, I knew that if I stayed strong and turned the TV off and movies off, I could focus on more valuable, life changing activities.
- Join a support or networking group, even if online, in the form of a blog or social media. The important task is to connect with others that are interested in your niche.
- Keep it simple, don’t overload yourself with too much information or too many tasks. This approach might overwhelm you and that may cause you to stall your project and ultimately get discouraged. The goal is to stay motivated and excited instead. So address one thing at a time and follow a timeline and an outline of your goals.
- Make it fun and a life project, remember why you want to stay motivated and focused. Your passion for this project will take you there. Even if you face challenges you can turn them into a learning experience, a path, a journey that you are supposed to experience and to turn it into a “positive” outcome.
Building relationships and using words of encouragement are vital to succeed in any life endeavor. Do not live in fear, be courageous no matter how tough your situation may seem. It’s all about how we respond, not about the problem. Guard your heart and your mind with optimism and faith. Keep telling yourself and know that all works are for the good, no matter what kind of storm life brings you. It’s all about practice and making a decision to live life this way. When you make it a point to live your life with this outlook then nothing or no one can affect you negatively, it’s so powerful!
Stay humble. Change your patterns. Work hard and take pride in all you do.
More on wisdom – we want our lives and experiences to be fruitful and pleasing, and our heart to be filled with love. Sometimes getting there is hard work but absolutely worth it. Use tools to support you, you can do it. You can always do it, even if your mind and brain cells say you can’t. Remember you can control it! Keep going and never give up! All of us take missteps from time to time, we may make bad choices but it doesn’t matter, stand up and start again, seek wisdom and direction from God, the Universe, yourself and a combination of all. Have a faith that you can conquer anything.
Take a closer assessment of yourself and realize that there are so many aspects of life that you can change and embrace, emotional, material and habitual that we can live without. There are results that come with our choices and sometimes it may be painful to navigate through these consequences, but we can do it.
Take pride and use tools like commitment, perseverance, self- involvement and hard work, all elements needed to change and embrace a life of peace. Make it your life pursuit. Why not be the best “YOU” that you can be today, now! We all have a part to play in life. You are unique and individually powerful.
One of my dreams is that my newsletters will help people all over the world and that the concepts are shared with friends and family. I’m hoping the information provided helps people to not only accomplish their goals but to also live a more harmonious, rewarding and natural life!